Explore the Dordogne Valley from a different perspective every day.
In a week you could enjoy:
- A full day canoeing for all the family on either the Dordogne or Vezere rivers including one of our delicious homemade picnics
- A full day trip by car following the Dordogne river exploring castles, bastide villages and a wonderful lunch eating the areas finest steaks!
- A half day flight by a balloon to see the Dordogne from the sky, start early, enjoy the views and be back in time for lunch and a swim
- A half day horse ride along the river or in amongst the beautiful oak forests that surround the area
- Visit a market in one of the nearbye towns, stock up with delicious local produce and come home and have a wonderful al fresco dinner
- Play golf on one of the areas very pretty and not so easy courses!
- Visit Bergerac, spend some time wine tasting at one of the world famous vineyards not forgetting to stock up!
Aquitaine Wine Adventures
Play Winemaker for a day
Visit a fabulous wine estate and learn about the vintages, the harvest, the transformation of the grapes after harvest and the preparation for the next vintage and its effects on the wine.
This is followed by a tasting of individual wines, being taught how to blend and then actually making your own bottle of wine to take home!
One day wine tasting tours
Join a one day wine tour with our experienced regional guide. This gives guests the opportunity to visit some of the great vineyards of Bordeaux, the Medoc, St Emilion, Duras and Bergerac and to sample this region’s finest wines. All the senses are engaged as the guide and the winemakers weave their magic. To complete your day’s pleasure, take one of our delectable homemade picnics along with you.
Longer wine indulgences
As an enthusiast wishing to learn more about wine try attending a three day course which covers the history of wine, the key varietals and geography and the theory of wine tasting, to name a few of the topics contained on this in-depth and entertaining course. Of course it ends with blending a personal wine!